WeMos D1 mini (esp8266), specs and IDE configuration – Part 1
WeMos D1 mini (esp8266) details
I like this device It’s very low cost and effective value WIFI microcontroller.
You can buy here
- Processor: L106 32-bit RISC microprocessor core based on the Tensilica Xtensa Diamond Standard 106Micro running at 80 MHz
- 32 KiB instruction RAM
- 32 KiB instruction cache RAM
- 80 KiB user-data RAM
- 16 KiB ETS system-data RAM
- External QSPI flash: up to 16 MiB is supported (512 KiB to 4 MiB typically included)
- IEEE 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi
- 16 GPIO pins
- I²C (software implementation)
- I²S interfaces with DMA (sharing pins with GPIO)
- UART on dedicated pins, plus a transmit-only UART can be enabled on GPIO2
- 10-bit ADC (successive approximation ADC)
I think that an interesting thing is that It has more than one Hardware Serial, so you can use Serial for communication with devices and Serial1 D4 (only Transmission) to debug.
You can download drivers for USB chip here, check you version of D1 mini and click on drivers.
Configure your ide
Than you must configure your Arduino IDE
First you must add esp8266 url descriptor to your IDE
Go to File –> Preferences and add the url on “Additional Boards Manager URLs”
Than you must add new board in Boards Manager
The boards to select is esp8266
Now you can select LOLIN(WEMOS) D1 R2 & mini
Now you can upload your sketch.
- WeMos D1 mini (esp8266), specs and IDE configuration
- WeMos D1 mini (esp8266), integrated SPIFFS Filesystem
- WeMos D1 mini (esp8266), debug on secondary UART